Wednesday 21 August 2013

Welcome to the church

One of the simplest things we had to do was book the church for the wedding. We're getting married at Aston Parish Church, in Birmingham, where I went to church until I was about 18, my parents still go, and my parents and my brother were married.

For anyone who follows Premiership football, it's almost directly opposite the Aston Villa ground, and darling beardy man, knowing that I wanted to get married there, even gave me a list of Villa's fixtures when he proposed, so that we could make sure that we chose a day when the club was away and we'd be able to get cars in and not get swamped by football fans!

The church itself is beautiful, with its Victorian architecture and stained glass windows. (It also has a lovely aisle, which is very important, because I don't want to get married anywhere where there isn't an aisle for me to walk down!) It's very interesting to look around as well, and a few years ago little brother and I wrote a new guide book for the church to replace the old one which was written in 1985.

Another good thing about Aston is that it's got a church centre which is attached to the church via an indoor link, meaning that if the weather is bad we don't have to go outside at all to get to the reception. A lady at the church has an amazing way of decorating the centre so that it looks like a marquee, and there's a kitchen if we want to do any of our own catering, toilets, and plenty of space to sit and eat, and to dance later in the evening.

Aston Parish Church
Witton Lane, Aston, Birmingham, B6 6QA
t: 0121 327 3880
w: www.astonnechellscofe.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment