Tuesday 6 August 2013

Choosing a hairstyle


I love beardy fiancé dearly, but as far as my hair goes, he has terrible timing for trying to arrange a wedding!

A few months ago I cut off my 15" long ponytail and donated it to the Little Princess Trust - a charity which makes wigs for children with cancer. After the chop I had my hair styled really short and it's not even grown back out as far as my chin yet.

Now my hair does grow really quickly, so I expect it will be down to my shoulders by the wedding, but as I have really fine hair it does leave me a bit short on options for my hair style. I'm going to wear a veil, so it needs to be something that will fit in with that, but it would be nice if it also created some volume.

Some of the pictures I've been looking at for inspiration are here, with my comments.


 
I really like the waves in this hairstyle and the way the flowers fit in with the curls. It's a very natural look, but unfortunately I don't think it would work for me. My hair doesn't hold waves very well without masses of hairspray in it, and with the veil on top as well - assuming I could persuade it to stay - it would probably flatten any waves that did survive. Very sad, but that's my hair.


This is another quite natural look and I really like the bits soming down around her face. I'm not sure what's going on at the back of her head, but the front looks good, and I like the bit of extra volume she's got just behind her fringe. Definitely something to show my hairdresser when I go for a trial session.




This is the sort of style I'm thinking of, with bits around the face and the hair up at the back, but I think she has rather more hair than me! It's something I'll be experimenting with though, to see if I can do something along these lines - but a bit less messy.



In a similar vein but neater, I really like the way this works with the flowers in it. She obviously has much longer hair than me, but I like the way the hair is made more interesting with a few little embellishments. I'll be looking on eBay to see what sort of clips and decorated bobby pins are out there before I go to the hairdresser to see if I can find something that will go with my dress. It's also something I can give to the bridesmaids to tie all of our looks together.



I think this is my favourite picture that I've found so far. It's a lovely, soft, romantic look that's not too messy but not so neat that you'd notice if a few strands came loose. I can't quite see what's going on at the back, but it seems to have a lovely shape to it.

Another soft, romantic look, this is quite a simple style but I think it would look quite nice with a veil and wouldn't get squished or disarranged too much by it. The only problem with this is that the top is quite flat, and I'm not sure I'll have enough hair to pull it off. It's worth bearing in mind though.

• A lot of these looks came from a wedding hairstyles blog that I found and immediately bookmarked.

No comments:

Post a Comment