Monday 19 August 2013

The perfect green

When I was choosing the colour scheme for the wedding, I wasn't quite sure where to start.

How I'd imagined my bridesmaids - sort of...
Before we'd set a date, I was thinking it might be a spring wedding. If it had been, I was envisioning bouquets of wildflowers for me and the bridesmaids to carry, and the bridesmaids wearing dresses all of the same sort of style in different pale pastel colours.

Once we set our date, however, the pastel idea didn't seem like it would work as well, and there would certainly be very few wildflowers around in November!

Our colour scheme, but not our dresses!
One of my favourite colours is green, and I particulary like the nice rich Christmassy green of holly leaves. On various websites I've seen it described as hunter green and forest green. I decided to try to get bridesmaid dresses in this colour, and because it's a Christmassy colour it will be nice for that time of year.

When I told darling beardy man I was thinking about colours he jokingly said I could co-ordinate with the Morris Minor pick-up truck he's just finished restoring. We're planning on leaving the wedding in the pick up, and it had sort of crossed my mind that it was the same colour, but I'd not thought about it in those terms!

Darling beardy man's "other woman"
I think he was a bit surprised and pleased after the bridesmaid dress shopping trip when I told him that yes, we will actually we co-ordinating with the pick-up!

While the main colour is green, that has potential to be a bit bland if that's the only colour aside from the ivory of my dress, so I've picked an accent colour as well that's just as dark and rich as the green, and that will be picked up in the flowers and in the little bridesmaids' dresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment