Saturday 14 September 2013

A terrifying moment

I had a really scary moment on Wednesday (11th August) when I was at work.

I was in a training session waiting for it to start and brought my hand up from under the desk. As I was doing that I caught my ring on the metal bar under the desk. The bar hit one part of the claw setting and the aquamarine flew out of the ring and under the desk.

I was completely surprised by how emotional I got when I looked down and realised the stone was gone. I shoved my chair back and disappeared under the desk - to the surprise of the lecturer - and found myself crying as I was grovelling on the floor looking for the stone.

The lecturer was very nice and came to help me search, and after a couple of minutes I found it, safe and un-chipped, lying on the carpet under the desk. I put the stone back into the setting and squished the claw in as tight as possible, but I spent the rest of the day nervously fingering the setting to reassure myself that it was still secure.

I would never have thought that something as relatively unimportant as knocking a stone out - which was quickly recovered - would have made me so upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment