Monday 16 September 2013

A bit of history

My dad organised the car to take me to the wedding through a work friend whose family owns a wedding car hire business.

When it came to booking the exact vehicle he discovered that the company still owned the same car my mom travelled to her wedding in, so I'll be travelling to the same church my parents married in, in the same car that they had. It's a very nice thought that it's a bit of family history repeating itself.

The car is called Rupert (I have no idea why!) and is a 1934 vintage blue and white Rolls-Royce 20/25 limousine – "a car of character and distinction which carries up to six passengers also has a sunshine roof." The car hire business has been around even longer, having been set up as a family business in 1927.

AB Taylor Wedding Services
49 Wolverhampton Road South, Birmingham, B32 2AY
t: 0121 434 4340
e: taylorweddings@btconnect.com
w: www.abtaylor.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment