Friday 25 October 2013

The finishing touch

Charlotte, who made my engagement ring, has also made our wedding rings for us. They're silver, with a hammered finish, and the dent in the top of my ring is so my engagement ring will fit next to it without riding up or leaving a funny gap between the two.


We wanted to get the rings engraved  inside with our names and our wedding date, but Charlotte doesn't do engraving and the people she asked near her couldn't do it on anything as narrow as my ring. I asked a few jewellers and found one that could do it, but it would take six weeks and they'd have to send it away. At that point the wedding was about eight weeks away, so that was pushing it a bit.

I asked my parents if they could ask around shops near them. H Samuel said they could do it, but then changed their mind when they saw the rings weren't hallmarked. Mom went to Beaverbrooks after that and they said they could do the engraving, it was take 10 days, and there was no problem with them not being hallmarked.

We got the rings back last week and they look absolutely lovely.

Beaverbrooks
58 The Parade, Gracechurch Shopping Centre, Sutton Coldfield, B72 1PH
t: 0121 354 6796
w: www.beaverbrooks.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment