Wednesday 30 October 2013

Remember you're a Womble...

We were looking at cake toppers for the wedding cake and darling beardy man complained that they were all too soppy and not at all suitable. I was feeling a bit creative, so I decided to make our own, and to make them as Wombles*.

 
When I told Mom that I'd made Wombles she didn't understand why and said we'd have to explain. So explanation coming up:

Darling beardy man likes to make things, particularly cars, and likes to find as many bits as possible for free or very cheap. His habit of reusing other people's rubbish led to him getting the nickname 'Womble', and so when I met the group of friends who use that nickname, some of them were calling me Mrs Womble.

The cake toppers meant I could also let darling beardy man wear the orange overalls he'd been threatening without him actually wearing the orange overalls!


* Womble: (1) fictional pointy-nosed, furry creatures that live in burrows, where they aim to help the environment by collecting and recycling rubbish in creative ways; (2) darling beardy man.


No comments:

Post a Comment